Issue #13518 has been updated by tscheingeld (Terry Scheingeld).

duerst (Martin Drst) wrote:
> `=begin`/`=end` are rare, and it's better to make them stick out.

I would make the case that `=begin`/`=end` is rare because it can't be indented. Multiline comments are very handy. It makes syntax highlighting much cleaner for embedded content (in my case, documentation) if every line doesn't have to start with a comment from the outer language.

Feature #13518: Indented multiline comments