On 2017/04/27 8:58, Eric Wong wrote:
> I am looking to replace lock_func in thread_sync.c with
> native_sleep or similar.  This is to reduce Mutex size and
> complexity by using a similar method to what I did in r52332
> with ccan/list
>
> ("variable.c: additional locking around autoload")
>
> It is compatible with current GVL 1:1 threading,
> but I would like to support M:N threading, eventually.

Sorry I didn't check r52332. Could you explain more about your technique
you want to introduce into sync.c and why native_sleep() is not enough
now? Or please propose with your patch.

I'm afraid that the assumptions for native_sleep() (and other functions)
will be break and can't control.

--
// SASADA Koichi at atdot dot net