Also, similar to #13505, I think a single warning String (containing newlines) should be sent to Warning.warn.
Otherwise, `warn "my warning", caller` will appear as two different calls to Warning.warn and the second call cannot be filtered reliably without the necessary "my warning" context.

The original code also did a single rb_io_puts call so I think it makes most sense to make a single call to Warning.warn with the joined arguments.

Feature #12944: Change Kernel#warn to call Warning.warn

* Author: jeremyevans0 (Jeremy Evans)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
Currently, Kernel#warn is basically the same as $stderr.puts.  With the new Warning.warn support in ruby 2.4, it makes sense for Kernel#warn to call Warning.warn, otherwise you will not be able to use Warning.warn to filter/process warning messages generated by Kernel#warn.

The Kernel#warn API is different than the Warning.warn API, the attached patch tries to get similar behavior, but there are probably corner cases where the behavior is different.

0001-Change-Kernel-warn-to-call-Warning.warn.patch (1.88 KB)
0001-Change-Kernel-warn-to-call-Warning.warn.patch (1.89 KB)
0001-Change-Kernel-warn-to-call-Warning.warn.patch (2.36 KB)
0001-Change-Kernel-warn-to-call-Warning.warn.patch (2.3 KB)
0001-Change-Kernel-warn-to-call-Warning.warn.patch (3.23 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/