No objection.

Misc #13163: Uncaught exceptions may not be reported when Thread#report_on_exception=true and Thread#abort_on_exception=true

* Author: tagomoris (Satoshi TAGOMORI)
* Assignee:
When we set true on both of Thread#report_on_exception and Thread#abort_on_exception, it just works as Thread#abort_on_exception and raised error will be re-raised in main thread.
But in our case, main thread sometimes in begin-rescue clause, or sometimes out of begin-rescue clause.
When main thread in begin-rescue clause (and main thread code may raise errors in their own business), we cannot know that threads are dead by errors.

What I expected by specifying both of Thread#report_on_exception=true and Thread#abort_on_exception=true:
* "Thread terminated with exception" is reported always (even if Thread#abort_on_exception is set)
* Raised error is re-raised in main thread if Thread#abort_on_exception is true

How do you think about this idea?

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/