Hello,

In message "Win32 Extension Issues Wanted!"
    on Jun.27,2006 11:21:20, <halostatue / gmail.com> wrote:
| What other problems have people had and what can you provide me as
| evidence? Also, can I give them your name and email for direct
| contact? I will be headed to Europe soon and won't be able to respond
| quickly.

The problem of errno is not serious, I think.
We will be able to avoid the problem with some simple code
(for example, replace it with a function call by macro.)

The real problems are about various management areas that DLL
maintains internally and does not open to outside.
Such as, file descriptor table, malloc management table, etc.

The decision that the binary compatibility between versions of
runtime is not given is foolish.
Had they thought that passing file descriptors between DLL
became impossible?
As time goes by, there will be some cases to introduce such
incompatibility, I know.
However, VC7, VC7.1 and VC8 were shipped in only several years,
and they are mutually incompatible all.
It's crazy, to say the least.

I decided to shut myself up with VC6 for the above-mentioned
reasons.
If MS keeps shipping incompatible versions at each upgrade,
I will throw away VC and shift to MinGW.
If MinGW also follows to MS, I'll shift to Cygwin or throw away
Windows as development environment.

To hope to Microsoft is to prepare wrapper DLL to use MSVCR80.dll
named MSVCRT.dll.
If MS prepares such a mechanism, the binary compatibility will
be had.
If so, a certain DLL can use MSVCR80.dll and another DLL linked
with it can use MSVCRT.dll without any problem.

Sorry for my poor English.
Regards,
--
U.Nakamura <usa / garbagecollect.jp>