vmakarov / redhat.com wrote:
> https://github.com/vnmakarov/ruby/compare/rtl_mjit_branch_base...rtl_mjit_branch

I've only taken a light look at it; but I think RTL seems
interesting promise.  I needed the following patch to remove
"restrict" to compile on Debian stable:

	https://80x24.org/spew/20170408231647.8664-1-e / 80x24.org/raw

I also noted some rubyspec failures around break/while loops which
might be RTL related (make update-rubyspec && make test-rubyspec):

	https://80x24.org/spew/20170408231930.GA11999@starla/

(The Random.urandom can be ignored since you're on an old version)

I haven't tried JIT, yet, as I'm already unhappy with current
Ruby memory usage; but if RTL alone can provide small speed
improvements without significant footprint I can deal with it.

I'm currently running dtas-player with RTL to play music and it
seems fine <https://80x24.org/dtas/>

Thanks.

Disclaimer: I do not use proprietary software (including JS) or
GUI browsers; so I use "git fetch vnmakarov" and other
normal git commands to fetch your changes after having the following
entry in .git/config:

	[remote "vnmakarov"]
		fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/vnmakarov/*
		url = https://github.com/vnmakarov/ruby.git