Is it difficult to implement our Socket.gethostbyname on top of getaddrinfo(3) ? I see no need to use gethostbyname(3) directly to provide the feature.  If that is possible, I think we don't need to deprecate.

Feature #13097: Deprecate Socket.gethostbyaddr and Socket.gethostbyname

* Author: vo.x (Vit Ondruch)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
Is there a reason to keep these methods around? They were marked obsolete by POSIX.1-2001 and the POSIX.1-2008 removes the specifications of gethostbyname, gethostbyaddr recommending the use of getaddrinfo and getnameinfo instead. If they are kept because of Ruby backward compatibility, shouldn't they be re-implemented by these modern interfaces?

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/