On Friday 16 June 2006 11:51, Tanaka Akira wrote:
> In article <200606091528.30171.jfh / cise.ufl.edu>,
>
>   "James F. Hranicky" <jfh / cise.ufl.edu> writes:
> > This patch adds support for getting the uid and gid of the peer
> > socket connected to a Unix domain socket.
>
> I think it's good feature.

Ok -- I think I'm going to take Sam's advice and turn it into one
method that returns [uid, gid] .

I'm not sure how to get the creds of a DGRAM sock, though.

> > + * Document-method: peer_uid
> > + * call-seq: socket.peer_uid => int
> > + *
> > + * Returns the uid of the peer socket for Unix domain stream sockets
>
> real uid or effective uid?

It depends on the platform -- on FreeBSD it's euid, on Linux (I think) it's
ruid and on Solaris it can be anything, though I stuck with ruid.

Jim