Hi --

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:

> Interesting idea, but I feel like they are responsibility of Binding,
> not Symbol.  For example,
>
>   b = binding()
>   b.bind(:a, 2)
>   b.value(:a)

I'd add that the arguments could also be strings.  There's no
particular reason to favor symbols for this, since no special or
permanent relation is being created between a Symbol object and a
local variable; the symbol is just a way for the method to know what
to call the variable, which a string would accomplish too.

(I'm a little out of sync with this thread because I didn't remember
until today that I had a separate ruby-core mailbox....)

David

--
David Alan Black
home: dblack / candle.superlink.net