Issue #10403 has been updated by Marcus Stollsteimer.

`puts` (rb_io_puts) uses `rb_default_rs` ("\n"), which isn't supposed to be customizable from within Ruby code, right? (Different from `$\` = `rb_output_rs`.)

So IMO this is a good improvement and I'll apply the patch.

Misc #10403: `puts` documentation fix

* Author: Mark Amery
* Assignee: Eric Hodel
Patch attached. It's a minor documentation fix after something confused me in the docs. The previous docs seem to imply that `puts` may use something other than a newline as a record separator, and I had to dive into the code to learn that actually that isn't true.

Sorry if I've gotten anything wrong in either my change or the process by which I've submitted it (I was following the instructions at http://blog.steveklabnik.com/posts/2011-05-10-contributing-to-ruby-s-documentation). I'm a total Ruby noob and fairly C-illiterate too, so it's possible I've been a moron in some way.

Cheers :)

0001-puts-documentation-fix.patch (1.1 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/