Hi Rodrigo,

> https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/7792
> https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/5964

Thanks for the reference to those issues. They are very dated now
aren't they? And the discussions were based in the assumption of
mutable strings.

What do you think in starting a new conversation with a separate issue
and close those two?

I agree with @Eric when he says we should avoid to break backwards
compatibility.
And also that the syntax is nice.

But given that symbols are actually less performant than immutable
strings I would tend to think there is a very good chance that the
symbol syntax can be used to create immutable strings rather than
symbols and with that stopping the exposition of symbols out of ruby
core like @Matthew pointed out.

I'm keen on this because symbols vs strings is always a big problem in
my head (again @Matthew I'm totally with you).
I never know if the argument should be a string or a symbol.
Makes me lose time and gives me headaches making me a less happier
rubiest and I bet it happens to a lot of ruby developers as well.

None of us want less happier rubiests do we?