At Sat, 1 Feb 2003 06:18:17 +0900,
Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> > |2. no support for other languages/situations (I generate assembly
> > |language code from a ruby script). If mkmf is not going to support that
> > |(which is fine with me), then it could at least provide a means to plug
> > |my own makefile additions in. This includes hooks into
> > |rules all/clean/distclean/etc.
> > Indeed.  Do you have any suggestion?

Wasn't it what the "depend" hook is for?

> a flag that will cause mkmf to add "include Makefile2" to its Makefile,

The problem is the "include" directive is not portable at all.

> and transform "all:" into "all: all2", etc.

No need to transform.  You could just prepare a file named "depend"
and just put the line and whatnot to add a dependency, I suppose.

--
                     /
                    /__  __            Akinori.org / MUSHA.org

"It went right by me -- At the time it went over my head
   I was looking out the window.. I should have looked at your face instead"