On 2017/01/31 18:18, Eric Wong wrote:
> SASADA Koichi <ko1 / atdot.net> wrote:
>> Eric:
>>
>> I'm not sure about implementation of IO.copy_stream but do you need to
>> add this flag for *all* of T_STRING?  We need to care this flag if we
>> want to manipulate strings.
>
> This flag is only set for klass==0, now.  It is safe to use
> for all klass (at least all tests+rubyspec pass),
> but I limited it to klass==0 to avoid triggering CoW.
>
> I don't think using this flag (FL_USER6) imposes new burdens for
> anybody.

My question is "are there any other way for this purpose?". Because of
using flags, I think we "all of string.c hacker" should know this flag.

My another question is, is this flag technique is valuable to pay this
effort for all string.c hackers?

----

Maybe I need to read it... (Honestly, I can't read it enough)

--
// SASADA Koichi at atdot dot net