Issue #13179 has been updated by Robert A. Heiler.

> Regarding the name, bury occurred to me.

.dig and .bury - I can already feel on Halloween the .zombies() coming up!

Feature #13179: Deep Hash Update Method

* Author: Andy Bettisworth
* Assignee:
* Target version:
I came across a scenario where I needed the ability to update a deeply nested hash (Rails i18n yaml files). This seemed like something that would exist naturally in the DSL of ruby, but I could only find dig() method which only retrieves values if they exist. 24 hours later I wrote a update_deep_hash method (I wouldn't wish this type of recursive coding on anyone else within the Ruby community).

Attached is the solution I hacked together. My question is if we can have a Hash.dig() method which reaches into a deep hash can we expand on this to include update methods of similar nature?

update_deep_hash.rb (2.26 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/