Issue #3944 has been updated by Koichi Sasada.

Status changed from Feedback to Rejected

> To decide if I need to resume the loop or yield to it, I need to know if the request originated from the root fiber or from one of the request fibers of the loop.

For same reason of #16, you shouldn't use it.

Feature #3944: Add Fiber#root? method

* Author: Mike Perham
* Assignee: Koichi Sasada
* Target version:
 Since the root fiber is treated differently than other Fibers (e.g. you can't yield from the root), code which can optionally use fibers for high-performance IO (in my case, the Mysql2 driver) needs `Fiber#root?` to know when it can use Fibers to execute a query versus using a standard blocking call.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/