Eric Wong <normalperson / yhbt.net> wrote:
> nobu / ruby-lang.org wrote:
> > Seems nice, let's try it.
>
> Thanks, r57469.  I'll work on syswrite and send* (socket) next.

I guess send* in socket never froze the string.  I guess it
will be necessary...

Anyways, I made sprintf and strftime avoid garbage
in a similar cases (r57473 and r57476), too.

Also, I've been thinking the rb_ensure usage for this in io.c
isn't necessary.  Exceptions ought to be rare and I already
consider anything which repeatedly throws exceptions a lost
cause.  So I think I'll apply the following, tomorrow:

   https://80x24.org/spew/20170131024140.27859-1-e / 80x24.org/raw

The diffstat alone is seems worth it: