Koichi Sasada wrote:
> I'm not sure because I'm not a heavy github user, but most of github users feel happy on github contribution, doesn't it?

Anyone can of course keep contributing on GitHub.
But it's very inconvenient when changing something in a Ruby implementation
to not be able to change tests/specs and implementation together.
(For example, when behavior changes or more frequently when a new test/spec is added which failed before)
Contributing on GitHub has also an overhead compared to just pushing to SVN for MRI committers.

We have the same approach in both JRuby and TruffleRuby, and I think it's much superior than
having files in 2 separate repositories like with git submodules or the current approach in MRI.
In other words, I want to make it as easy to add a test in ruby/spec than a test in test/ruby.

Feature #13156: In-tree copy of ruby/spec