Assignee set to Benoit Daloze

Feature #13156: In-tree copy of ruby/spec

* Author: Benoit Daloze
* Assignee: Benoit Daloze
* Target version:
I would like to integrate an in-tree copy of ruby/spec under spec/rubyspec/
(at the same location ruby/spec is currently cloned to ease transition).
This way, implementation and tests can be changed in a single commit, just like with MRI tests.
I will keep synchronizing the changes to ruby/spec, so it can be used
directly and other people can contribute there.
I know this synchronization works because I have been doing it for over 2 years.
This process is also well documented:
https://github.com/ruby/spec/wiki/Merging-specs-from-JRuby-and-other-sources

My main motivation is the current status is suboptimal as
ruby/spec is a different repository and there are synchronization problems.
For example, if a change happens on MRI trunk and it needs to adapt
ruby/spec, it will pass either ruby/ruby CI or ruby/spec CI but never both.
I want to fix this and I want to encourage CRuby developers to write specs.

If you want more details, please look at my ruby-core post:
http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-core/78633

Please state you opinion, I would like to integrate this soon.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/