Status changed from Open to Closed
Backport changed from 2.2: UNKNOWN, 2.3: UNKNOWN, 2.4: UNKNOWN to 2.2: UNKNOWN, 2.3: UNKNOWN, 2.4: REQUIRED

Let me close (closed issues are inspected by branch mentors to backport-ability).  I guess this is a subject to backport.

Bug #13111: Degraded performance for delegated methods through Forwardable module

* Author: Edgar Gonzalez
* Assignee:
* Target version:
* ruby -v: 2.4.0
* Backport: 2.2: UNKNOWN, 2.3: UNKNOWN, 2.4: REQUIRED
After upgrading to Ruby 2.4.0 on my local machine while developing some changes on this gem: https://github.com/gonzedge/rambling-trie, there was a noticeable performance degradation with any delegated methods through `Forwardable`. I have a few benchmarks in place and, without changing any other code, had a ~25% increase in the time it took to execute.

If you look at the benchmarks on https://github.com/gonzedge/rambling-trie/blob/master/reports/0.9.2/benchmark and https://github.com/gonzedge/rambling-trie/blob/master/reports/0.9.3/benchmark, you'll notice that the first benchmark (for `Rambling::Trie.create`) goes from 8.97 seconds to 11.19 seconds. These benchmarks are generated by running `rake performance:benchmark:all`.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/