normalperson / yhbt.net wrote:
> File 0001-v2-io.c-io_fwrite-copy-to-hidden-buffer-when-writing.patch added
>
> OK, different strategy; not as fast, but still better than what
> we currently have.

Any comments on my alternative patch?

Anyways, I don't like this v2 strategy, either, since it has an
extra memory copy, but it's still better than creating gigantic
amounts of garbage.

With the existence of ObjectSpace.each_object and ability for
threads to be spawned inside signal handlers, I'm not sure if
there's a performant way for us to check the thread-visibility
of a particular String to elide the copy.