Bart de Water wrote:
> Akira Tanaka wrote:
> > Please update the man page first, if it is really out-dated.
>
> This has happened with the Linux 4.09

Very good news.  Thank you for letting us know this.

Now I think we have no reason to avoid /dev/urandom.  It doesn't immediately mean OpenSSL became bad but I understand the OP's motivation to "skip the middleman".  Because we already use getrandom(2) when available (see also Delan's comment #29), I think it's OK to simply skip OpenSSL and let securerandom try the system call first.

Bug #9569: SecureRandom should try /dev/urandom first