Bug #13107: def_delegators causes random errors in MRI 2.4.0

* Author: Thomas Walpole
* Assignee:
* Target version:
* ruby -v:
In the Capybara project we use the rack_test gem which uses def_delegators to forward last_reponse to @rack_mock_session - https://github.com/brynary/rack-test/blob/master/lib/rack/test.rb#L29

When running the Capybara test test suite calling last_reponse on a rack_test Session object will sporadically result in a TypeError from forwardable.rb

TypeError:
       wrong argument type Integer (expected Proc)

Patching around the delegator with

class Rack::Test::Session
  def last_response
    @rack_mock_session.last_response

stops the error from occurring, so it appears that something def_delegators is doing is causing problems.  Unfortunately I have not yet been able to establish exactly what causes the issues to produce a simple test case.

0001-forwardable.rb-use-public_send-to-call-method.patch (789 Bytes)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/