Hello Benoit,

On 2017/01/06 08:25, Benoit Daloze wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 4:35 AM, Martin J. Drst <duerst / it.aoyama.ac.jp>
> wrote:
>>
>> Are you saying that I could just change a file and commit with svn, like
>> for the Ruby source? Or something else? I just tried using svn, but it
>> doesn't know about the files in spec/rubyspec/...
>>

> Yes, that would work, after I make the change to have an in-tree copy of
> ruby/spec in ruby/ruby.
> Currently it does not. My first proposal is to make this change so at least
> it's easier from MRI committers to add/change specs.
>
> Is there anyone disagreeing to have a in-tree copy of ruby/spec in
> ruby/ruby (which I will synchronize regularly with ruby/spec) ?
> That would an easy first step to improve the situation :)

I would certainly support such a thing, because it would make things
easier for me (until such time that github introduces a "catch up" (or
whatever they will call it) button, which according to some reports,
they are working on).

I have put it on the agenda of
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby/wiki/DevelopersMeeting20170119Japan.
Maybe you can make that a bit more official by creating a feature
request for it?

Regards,   Martin.