Issue #13102 has been updated by Kai Kuchenbecker.

PS: This has been in the stdlib since at least 1.8.7 according to the docs.

Bug #13102: Confusing method name: Set#delete?

* Author: Kai Kuchenbecker
* Assignee:
* Target version:
* ruby -v: 2.4.0
Greetings,

a colleague of mine who recently started to learn Ruby managed to greatly confuse me today when he used Set#delete? which he claimed would delete an item from a set.
Reading the documentation I suspect the method was meant to be named delete! as it behaves similiar to Array#uniq! and such methods.

If this is not a mistake, I'd still suggest to change the method name since I think it is very surprising for a method ending in a question mark to have a side effect.

Best regards,
Kai

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/