Issue #12979 has been updated by Martin Drst.

Mike Vastola wrote:
> So, looking at this more closely, I'm beginning to think this issue was closed in error.

The original issue has indeed been fixed, and so 'closed' is correct:

```
$ ruby -v
ruby 2.4.0dev (2016-12-24 trunk 57168) [x86_64-cygwin]

$ ruby -e 'puts 1.dup'
1
```

The main fix was at r56906. If you think additional improvements are needed, please open a new issue (and reference this one).

Feature #12979: Avoid exception for #dup on Integer (and similar cases)