Status changed from Open to Feedback

I don't see the real-world problem except for a bit of complexity behind. If we distinguished lexical super and dynamic super, it would confuse more users than the current behavior, I think.

Matz.

Feature #12861: super in a block can be either lexically or dynamically scoped depending on how the block is invoked

* Author: bug hit
* Assignee: Yukihiro Matsumoto
* Target version:
```ruby
class Class1
  def self.foo
    'foo'
  end
  def self.method1
    'method1'

class Class2 < Class1
  def self.foo
    bar do
      super()
  def self.bar(&block)
    a = block.()
    define_singleton_method :method1, &block
    b = send(:method1)
    c = block.()
    [a, b, c]

p Class2.foo # ["foo", "method1", "foo"]
```

It doesn't seem like a good idea for a given language construct to be either lexically or dynamically scoped, depending on how its surrounding block is invoked (which is not visible at the point of definition).  I think it would be better if super were always lexically scoped, and a different keyword (dynamic_super) were always dynamically scoped

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/