Bug #10613: SNI is not optional when using TLS

* Author: Eddy Kim
* Assignee: Yui NARUSE
* Target version:
* ruby -v: 2.1
If ruby is using openssl with TLS extensions, and we attempt to connect to a server which supports TLS, but not SNI, the connection fails.

e.g.:

~~~Ruby
uri = URI.parse("https://example.com") # a server that supports TLSv1 but not the TLS extensions
http = Net::HTTP.new(uri.host, uri.port)
http.use_ssl = true
http.ssl_version = :TLSv1
http.verify_mode = OpenSSL::SSL::VERIFY_PEER
response = http.get(url)
~~~
~~~
OpenSSL::SSL::SSLError: SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read server hello B: parse tlsext
~~~

If I patch the `Net::HTTP#connect` method to not assign the hostname to the socket (s), we can avoid this error.

optional-sni.patch (1019 Bytes)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/