Hello Eric,

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 3:52 AM, Eric Wong <normalperson / yhbt.net> wrote:
> Benoit Daloze <eregontp / gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear CRuby developers, what do you think?
> > What are your concerns with this approach?
>
> As I've stated in the past, I will not depend on non-Free
> services or software (including JavaScript and remote APIs)
> or any GUIs (too fragile, and Ruby itself doesn't need one).

What do you mean? GitHub is absolutely not necessary.
With the in-tree copy of ruby/spec in the MRI repository,
you could contribute as directly as changing any file in the MRI repository.

> There does not seem to be a mutually acceptable way for me to
> communicate with other rubyspec developers while sticking to my
> principles.  I don't want to burden anybody to have them go out
> of their way to accomodate me, either.

Discussing about ruby/spec can be done on the existing channels of
communication of MRI. I think I am subscribed to most of them (this mailing
list, #ruby-core and #ruby-ja on IRC).

> Otherwise, I would've been happy to help with the *_nonblock API
> changes I did in 2.3.  At least I documented them in NEWS in the
> hope it would be easier for other implementers to find.

That's great to hear.
The NEWS file is very helpful, but is usually very concise
and quite not precise as tests/specs.

> Anyways, I do not expect to have any future as a developer.
> Just saying my piece and moving on...

Your concern is relevant, let's address it.
(supressed text/html)