Jeremy Evans wrote:
> This didn't make 2.4.0rc1, but as matz has already accepted it, it should probably be committed before 2.4.0 final.  If further changes are needed to the patch, please let me know.

OK.
nobu, could you handle this?

Feature #12944: Change Kernel#warn to call Warning.warn

* Author: Jeremy Evans
* Assignee:
Currently, Kernel#warn is basically the same as $stderr.puts.  With the new Warning.warn support in ruby 2.4, it makes sense for Kernel#warn to call Warning.warn, otherwise you will not be able to use Warning.warn to filter/process warning messages generated by Kernel#warn.

The Kernel#warn API is different than the Warning.warn API, the attached patch tries to get similar behavior, but there are probably corner cases where the behavior is different.

0001-Change-Kernel-warn-to-call-Warning.warn.patch (1.88 KB)
0001-Change-Kernel-warn-to-call-Warning.warn.patch (1.89 KB)
0001-Change-Kernel-warn-to-call-Warning.warn.patch (2.36 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/