Hmm, maybe the error message express /.../n is ASCII-8BIT (binary) regexp...

Bug #13024: Confusing error message matching a non-ASCII string with ASCII-regex

* Author: Herwin W
* Assignee:
* Target version:
* ruby -v:
```ruby
irb(main):001:0> "\u2603".match(/./n)
(irb):1: warning: regexp match /.../n against to UTF-8 string
=> #<MatchData "">
```

I actually had to read the source to discover the intention of this error (partly because I copied the `/n` from somewhere without knowing what it meant). Replacing "against to" with just "against" would improve the grammar (full disclosure: English isn't my native language either, I'm open to other suggestions here).

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/