Joel VanderWerf <vjoel / PATH.Berkeley.EDU> writes:

> I think it's ok to use "binding" this way. Let's look at another
> word that has similar usage. The word "association" can be used in
> both the collective and individual sense:
>
>    The association between the variable 'x' and its value 2.
>
>    The association between the currently defined variables and their
>    values.

You can use association this way, but not binding.  E.g. this is more
correct:

    The binding between the variable 'x' and its value 2. (not a
    sentence, but...)

    The bindings between the variables and their values.

Still I agree with Matz that "Environment" or similar would be a bad
name for the current Binding class.  I was just explaining why this
seemed wrong:

    Binding#bind(name, value)