naruse / airemix.jp wrote:
> I added Zlib.deflate/inflate [Feature #4180] before, but writing/reading gzip is still too complex.
> It should have shorthand method.

I like the convenience, but I think encouraging use of
potentially large String buffers is dangerous.

It causes memory problems and even opens up DoS attacks.

So, I think it would be better if it used IO-like object
instead, to discourage slurping.

Maybe make it like IO.copy_stream:

	Zlib.gzip(src_io, dst_io)
	Zlib.gunzip(src_io, dst_io)

Slurpers can still use StringIO if they want to.

In general, I am against non-streaming APIs and want to
encourage processing data in predictable sizes to avoid
fragmentation and OOM.