Issue #12958 has been updated by John Duff.

>  It is true that we fixed one inconsistency to introduce another.

The new inconsistency seems worse to me. Having Numeric classes like BigDecimal and Float being consistent is more important in my opinion. People will tend to use these in similar places and seeing inconsistencies will be confusing.

I also agree that Float shouldn't be used for Money, but I am sure people are using it. This change could have some pretty terrible real world consequences while not really making anything that much better (trading one inconsistency for another, worse inconsistency imo).

Bug #12958: Breaking change in how `#round` works