I believe https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/ would be the right place to propose
any ideas and get feedback directly from the core developers.

*Best regards*,

Ferdinand Rosario A
Mobile   : +91 8939939022
Twitter  : @Ferdy_Rosario
Skype   : ferdinand.rosario
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ferdinandrosario
GitHub  : https://github.com/ferdinandrosario

On 27 November 2016 at 01:01, RRRoy BBBean <rrroybbbean / gmail.com> wrote:

> There is a ruby gem for bitwise operations, by Kenn Ejima, although it has
> not been updated in 4 years.
>
> https://rubygems.org/gems/bitwise
> https://github.com/kenn/bitwise
>
> I believe that the better approach for Ruby Bitwise Operations is to
> "dust-off" this "bitwise" gem and add whatever functionality is needed.
> That might include a ".mask" method, which returns true (if any resulting
> bit is 1) or false (if all resulting bits are 0). Such a method would
> bridge bitwise operations and Ruby's true/false.
>
> I further believe that having zero (integer, real, complex) be truthy is
> the correct behavior, which Ruby already implements.
>
> Note that Ruby currently provides ".zero?" and ".nonzero?" methods for
> numeric types. Although the return values are inconsistent between Integer,
> Real and Complex, they do return values which are behave correctly (as
> truthy or falsey).
>
> BEGIN CRITICAL
> If anything needs to be changed in the Ruby core, it is to make the
> results of ".zero?" and ".nonzero?" be consistently either true or false
> for all numeric values. Such a change would nicely map bitwise operations
> to Ruby true and false.
> END CRITICAL

(supressed text/html)