Status changed from Open to Assigned

We briefly looked at this issue in todays developer meeting but had no time to fully agree that the proposed extension is safe.  We just did not reach a conclusion.

Feature #12813: Calling chunk_while, slice_after, slice_before, slice_when with no block

* Author: Marc-Andre Lafortune
* Assignee: Yukihiro Matsumoto
Currently, `chunk_while`, `slice_after`, `slice_before`, `slice_when` all require a block.

If one needs the index within the block, there is no good way to do this; `enum.each_with_index.chunk_while` would have indices in the results, so `enum.enum_for(:chunk_while).with_index` is the best solution.

I feel that we should return `enum_for(:chunk_while)`. This is strictly more useful than raising as we currently do.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/