We looked at this issue at todays developer meeting but a "random subset with random size" still does not sound familiar to the attendees.

Can you show us in code how do you use such array?

Feature #12775: Random subset of array

* Author: Tsuyoshi Sawada
* Assignee:
I often see use cases to randomly sample a subset from an array like this:

```ruby
a = [3, 2, 6, 2, 6, 1]
a.sample(rand(a.length + 1)) # => [2, 6, 6, 3]
```

I request extending `Array#sample` to let it take an option (such as `:arbitrary`) for doing that:

```ruby
a.sample(:arbitrary) # => [2, 6, 6, 3]
```

or perhaps having an independent method (like `samples`) to do it.

```ruby
a.samples # => [2, 6, 6, 3]
```

--