Status changed from Open to Feedback

I don't think it's worth adding which is easily done by `sub/gsub`.

Matz.

Feature #12698: Method to delete a substring by regex match

* Author: Tsuyoshi Sawada
* Assignee:
There is frequent need to delete a substring from a string. There already are methods `String#delete` and `String#delete!`, but their feature is a little bit different from the use cases that I am mentioning here.

I request methods that take a string or a regexp as an argument, and delete the matches from the receiver string. I am not sure of the method name, and I will use the term `remove` here. It can be named in some other better way. I request all combinations of global vs. local, and non-destructive vs. destructive. The expected feature is something like the following. First, the non-destructive ones:

```ruby
"abcabc".remove("c") # => "ababc"
"abcabc".remove(/\zc/) # => "abcab"
"abcabc".gremove("c") # => "abab"