Feature #12732: An option to pass to `Integer`, `Float`, to return `nil` instead of raise an exception

* Author: Aaron Patterson
* Assignee: Yukihiro Matsumoto
I would like to be able to pass an option to `Integer()` and `Float()` so that they don't raise an exception, but return `nil` instead.  For example:

~~~
Integer(string, exception: false)
~~~

The reason I want this function is so that I can convert strings from YAML or JSON to integers if they parse correctly, or just return strings if they can't be parsed.

integer-parse.pdf (29 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/