Issue #12966 has been updated by Shugo Maeda.

Status changed from Open to Assigned
Assignee set to Shugo Maeda

sole box wrote:
> can we implement support for fxp ? its an extension of the ftp protocol , looks like a legit thing to have no?

Do you have a specific interface in mind?
I came up with the following interface, but there may be a better interface or name.

```ruby
class Net::FTP
  # PoC code without error check
  def self.exchange_file(dst_ftp, dst_file, src_ftp, src_file)
    host, port = dst_ftp.send(:makepasv)
    src_ftp.send(:sendport, host, port)
    th = Thread.start {
      dst_ftp.sendcmd("STOR #{dst_file}")
      dst_ftp.send(:voidresp)
    }
    src_ftp.sendcmd("RETR #{src_file}")
    src_ftp.send(:voidresp)
    th.join

Net::FTP.open(dst_host, username: dst_user, password: dst_pass) do |dst_ftp|
  Net::FTP.open(src_host, username: src_user, password: src_pass) do |src_ftp|
    Net::FTP.exchange_file(dst_ftp, dst_file, src_ftp, src_file)
```

It's better to support SSCN (Net::FTP#sscn), but I don't know the relationship
between SSCN and RFC 4217.
Is there any written specification of SSCN?

Feature #12966: net/ftp to include fxp support?

can we implement support for fxp ? its an extension of the ftp protocol , looks like a legit thing to have no?

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/