Issue #12958 has been updated by Rafael França.

Thank you for the links. While I agree with the reasoning in #12438, I believe changing the default behavior is dangerous in a minor version.

The downside of changing the default behavior is that now applications using `round` without argument will have their behavior changes silently.

Bug #12958: Breaking change in how `#round` works

* Author: Rafael França
* Assignee:
* ruby -v:
We noticed in the Rails test suite that there is a breaking change in how `#round` works between 2.3 and 2.4

https://github.com/rails/rails/pull/27091

Is that desirable?

I think it is may cause a lot of problem if the behavior of `#round` without any arguments changes between a minor version.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/