Issue #12919 has been reported by Attila Gyrffy.

Bug #12919: Net::FTP does not have a default open_timeout
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/12919

* Author: Attila Gyrffy
* Assignee:
* ruby -v:
Hi Ruby Community,

I have noticed an issue on Twitter sent by a friend who reported that Ruby's FTP module does not have a default open_timeout and it could cause a process to hang (background workers, etc). Despite not having created a test case for this, I've seen in the docs that apparently this is in fact the case: http://ruby-doc.org/stdlib-2.0.0/libdoc/net/ftp/rdoc/Net/FTP.html#open_timeout=

I'm opening this issue for further discussion. In my honest opinion, a reasonable default (not nil) would be a good idea to have so that we can make sure processes won't hang.

What do you think?

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/