On 2016/11/06 15:37, funny.falcon / gmail.com wrote:
> Issue #12142 has been updated by Yura Sokolov.

> I was ready to loose,

Open Source Software is not a zero-sum game. I think that with the
patches now in Ruby trunk, everybody wins. You win, Vladimir wins,
everybody else wins, and Ruby wins! Thanks again to everybody.

> but I really thought my version is simpler, so it is reaction only on that remark.

Software simplicity is in the eye of the beholder.

Some people (hopefully nobody on this list) will think that

puts 'Hello Ruby!'
puts 'Hello Ruby!'
puts 'Hello Ruby!'
puts 'Hello Ruby!'
puts 'Hello Ruby!'

is simpler than

5.times { puts 'Hello Ruby!' }

Next time we get a chance, we can ask Matz why he thought that one
version was simpler than the other. But that may take some time; Matz is
very busy.

Regards,   Martin.