Issue #12861 has been updated by bug hit.

Jeremy Evans wrote:

> One could argue that super is currently always relative to the current, dynamic method

Except it's not.

```ruby
class Class1
	def self.foo
		'Class1::foo'

class Class2 < Class1

  def self.store_block(&block)
    @block = block
  end

  def self.foo
    store_block do
      super

  def self.call_stored_block
  	@block.()

Class2.foo
Class2.call_stored_block # "Class1::foo"
```

When the block with super is invoked by Class2.call_stored_block, foo is not the current dynamic method, it's not even on the stack, and yet super calls foo because it is lexically bound to it.  That's the current typical behavior of super, i.e. lexical method binding. The one exception is when super is in a block/proc invoked as a method.

Bug #12861: super in a block can be either lexically or dynamically scoped depending on how the block is invoked