Issue #12867 has been updated by Theresa May.

I'd also love to work on this for my project over at the Fuss / Simply be http://www.thefuss.co.uk/simply-contact-number

Feature #12867: Add ability to check validity of a URL

* Author: Shlok Srivastava
* Assignee:
Hi!
Going through the URI module of Ruby, it was obvious that we can check the validity of a URI by using URI.regexp . However, I found out there is no way we can accurately check for a valid URL by using the URI module. Won't it be better if there was a built in method in the URI module that could check for the validity of a URL or a URN as well ?

This is just a suggestion and feel free to close it if this doesn't seems like something that should be implemented. :)

PS- If you feel this can or should be implemented, I would love to work on it. ;)
Thank you.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/