Issue #4897 has been updated by Simon Baird.

Nobuyoshi Nakada wrote:
> At the developers' meeting this week, mrkn suggested `TWO_PI` instead.

I don't think TWO_PI would be very useful since it misses the main point of tau, which is that tau is the correct circle constant, (and pi is a 2000 year old blunder)[1]. If you consider this diagram [2] with TWO_PI in place of tau, then it loses its meaning.

Defining HALF_TAU could be useful though. ;)

[1] Of course not everyone agrees on this, but http://tauday.com/tau-manifesto is quite convincing IMO

[2] http://tauday.com/assets/figures/tau-angles.png

Feature #4897: Define Math::TAU and BigMath.TAU. The "true" circle constant, Tau=2*Pi. See http://tauday.com/