On 2016/10/14 13:35, RRRoy BBBean wrote:

> Would such an interconnected system be packaged as a bunch of individual
> gems, or is there some higher-level packaging concept than the Ruby gem?
>
> I personally think gems are best when kept as small as possible, highly
> cohesive and highly coherent. But that creates a secondary problem? How
> to organize larger units of reusable code? I don't know.

It's easy. Gems can depend on other gems. So we can have some highly
cohesive and highly coherent gems at the bottom, and then other, more
application-oriented gems that pull the necessary basic gems together.
This can be done on more and more levels if necessary.

Composition is a great concept, and applying it recursively is even better.

Regards,   Martin.