Ryan Davis [mailto:ryand-ruby / zenspider.com] wrote:

> On Wednesday, January 22, 2003, at 07:56 AM, Dave Thomas wrote:
>
> > Is there a reason that rubicon couldn't be included? It seems pretty
> > stable (Nathaniel's recent patch notwithstanding).
>
> I've talked to Matz about this (at rubyconf2002) and he was open to
the
> idea. I probably need to push on this more and should finally get
added
> to the core so I can do the work and just get it over with...
>
> Objections? I'd be happy to take this on and help it evolve over to
> Test::Unit.

I think the biggest hurdle to the transition is getting a good
summarizing TestRunner (like Rubicon's BulkTestRunner) running natively
under Test::Unit, which is something I'm already working towards. Once
that gets done, it seems that it will mostly be busy work to remove the
rubyunit references and convert over fully to Test::Unit (though Dave
would know better than I would). The other major thing would be hooking
Rubicon somehow in to the build process for Ruby so that it's easy to
run as a normal part of development. So I guess I don't have any major
objections, except that it seems it would be best to wait (not too long,
I hope!) until I get the runner ready to go.

Of course, we could go ahead and drop Rubicon in and have it run under
rubyunit compatibility, but since converting things over will be a large
source of upheaval, it might be better to wait. I'm feeling a bit
wishy-washy on what the best strategy is to take.

Thoughts?

Nathaniel

<:((><
+ - -