Issue #12812 has been updated by Ryan Davis.

This patch url will stay up to date better than a file attachment. I'm getting feedback from Nobu and fixing things:

https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/1456.patch

Bug #12812: Added Coverage#result=

* Author: Ryan Davis
* Assignee: Yusuke Endoh
* ruby -v:
Originally submitted here: https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/1456

This exposes Coverage.result in a slightly more writeable way and allows coverage analysis to reset to a baseline in a safe way.

Note, I wasn't able to figure out how to invalidate the cached pointers in the VM bytecode, so this does `rb_ary_replace` across all the arrays instead. I'd love to see this improved so it were cleaner.

This is ongoing work to improve the current state of code coverage analysis. I'll be giving a talk on this at rubyconf 2016.

I should also add, this applies cleanly to (at least) 2.3 as well.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/