Issue #12812 has been updated by Hiroshi SHIBATA.

Status changed from Open to Assigned
Assignee set to Yusuke Endoh

Bug #12812: Added Coverage#result=

* Author: Ryan Davis
* Assignee: Yusuke Endoh
* ruby -v:
Originally submitted here: https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/1456

This exposes Coverage.result in a slightly more writeable way and allows coverage analysis to reset to a baseline in a safe way.

Note, I wasn't able to figure out how to invalidate the cached pointers in the VM bytecode, so this does `rb_ary_replace` across all the arrays instead. I'd love to see this improved so it were cleaner.

This is ongoing work to improve the current state of code coverage analysis. I'll be giving a talk on this at rubyconf 2016.

I should also add, this applies cleanly to (at least) 2.3 as well.

coverage_result_set.diff (1.49 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/