Issue #12786 has been updated by Ryan Ringler.

Martin Drst wrote:
> Does it only compare for equality (after case folding)?

Yep.  All it would do is check if the return value of `#casecmp` is equal to zero.  I'm sure there are plenty of clever uses for `#casecmp`, but I've only ever used it for case-insensitive string comparision.  I often find myself monkey-patching this method into `String`.

Feature #12786: String#casecmp?